Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In Which I Recommend Running Products

So, I've been running about 3 times a week for the last 2 1/2 months or so, and while I am by no means an expert - here are some things that I think you should look into if you are a beginning runner. Beginning Runner meaning that you walk a good portion of the time and you do this to have some semblance of alone time in an otherwise hectic life, not to become the next Marathon Man. Anyways, you don't need much, really just your own two feet. But here are some things that will help you along the way.

1. A Great Running Plan - I personally use this plan from Cool Runnings. Oops, I mean this plan. It's incremental, it's great for beginners who just don't know where to start and don't want to burn out.

2. Good Shoes - I would love to recommend something fancy, but all I can honestly recommend is something good and cushion-y. Not your old track shoes from high school.

3. Great Pants - Ladies, you will NOT regret these pants. You just won't. They are expensive and you don't need them, but you will love every minute in them.

4. Great Tunes - Get thee an iPod.

5. The Outdoors - For the love of all that is good, get off the tread mill and go run outside. Treadmills and gyms are great for when you simply can't be outdoors, but you just can't beat the real, live air blowing against your face and the natural ups and downs of the hills around you.


So there you have it. Like I said, not much - but those few things have take this distinctly non-running Mom of three into someone that regularly runs 3 miles 3 times a week. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment